The best Cream Cheese Frosting you will ever taste!
OK seriously - this IS the best cream cheese frosting you will ever put in your mouth!!
I must admit that in the past I've always just bought cream cheese frosting as I thought it was easier and that frosting was "just frosting"! Oh how wrong I was....
This frosting is very quick to mix up and can be adapted to be smooth & thin or very thick! The taste is heavenly and wait until tomorrow to see what I do with the batch I made!!
THE BEST CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese, softened
1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ cups Butter, Softened
3-½ cups Sifted Powdered Sugar (or More Depending On Desired Consistency)
Cream together cream cheese, vanilla and butter until fluffy.
Sift powdered sugar to aerate it and then stir powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
This recipe makes enough to generously frost a 13 x 9 inch pan, 24 cupcakes, or an 8-inch layer cake.
- The above recipe makes a medium consistency frosting.
- For a stiff decorator frosting: add more powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until desired consistency.
- For a thinner consistency to fill cupcakes or sandwich cookies, add about ½ cup less powdered sugar.
- For chocolate cream cheese frosting: sift ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the powdered sugar before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.
- For flavored cream cheese frosting: Substitute the flavored extract of your choice. Maple, lemon, or even orange would be wonderful!
Mmmmmm..... so good you will be licking the bowl clean!!